Our 2018 courses are sold out. Cancelations do happen and if you'd like to be placed on a waiting list please Contact Us. Private classes are also available after March 12 for groups of 4-8.
Whitehorse-based Classes Winter 2017-18
- January 3-4 (evenings) and 6 (all day): AST 1 Ski/Splitboard FULL
- Feb 21-22 (evenings) and 24 (all day): AST1 Snowmobile FULL
- March 1-2 (evenings) and 3 (all day): AST 1 Ski/Splitboard FULL
Students are welcome to mix one set of classroom days with a different field day, but must attend the field day specific to their mode of travel (e.g. motorized or non-motorized)
Thanks to support from Pieps, Ortovox and BCA we are now able to include the use of an Avalanche Transceiver (beacon), Shovel and Probe as part of your registration fee. You are also welcome use your own 3-antenna digital transceiver. Rentals are available locally at Icycle Sport. For non-motorized courses you must come prepared with skis/splitboard or snowshoes. Make sure that the bindings are sized properly, skins cut and that you are comfortable with your chosen mode of transportation. For sled courses you will need a sled or ski bike in good working order, and you will be responsible for transportation to the field site. Car pools can be arranged during the classroom sessions.
Youth Policy: Please contact us prior to registering any student under 18 years of age. We welcome youth participants, but they must have a parent or guardian on the course, or have arranged ahead of time to sign a youth waiver.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than 1 week in advance: Your choice of course credit or full refund, minus Paypal or credit card fees. No-shows will forfeit the full course cost. We understand that plans change and emergencies arise, and if something absolutely prevents you from attending at the last minute please contact us and we'll do our best to find a fair solution.
Payment and Registration: We accept payment via Paypal, email money transfer (info [atsymbol] northwindwx [dot] com), cash or cheque. Payment is due 14 days before the beginning of the course and unfortunately we cannot hold your spot without payment. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with the course documents below before registering or paying. If paying by cheque or Interac, please add GST to the price ($250 + GST = $262.50). If paying by Paypal GST will be added for you.
- Choose your course and dates.
- Register using our online registration or the PDF Form for each registrant.
- Submit your payment. If you are paying by cheque or electronic transfer please add GST. If paying electronically please make sure to provide a name or email that matches the registration form. If paying for more than one student please indicate this during the payment process.
- We will contact you via email with course details, gear requirements and locations.
- If you wish to view the waiver prior to the course feel free, but do not sign it until you arrive at the course. We will have blank copies at the course for you to sign.